Not Just No Yawning, but no #AppleEvent time as Microsoft releases Skip Ahead Build 18237 for Windows Insiders. See below tweet from Windows Insider official twitter account –
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) September 12, 2018
If you are a windows Insider and are registered for Skip Ahead builds, then its your time go get it. The Skip Ahead Build 18237 brings acrylic design to the windows sign in screen and yes it looks beautiful.
Not only this but there comes a re-branding with this build, the Microsoft Apps on your android smartphone gets renamed as Your Phone Companion.
Yes! we can resemble with it and are used to the name being a Windows Insider as well as Windows 10 User. We have already covered how you can connect your android smartphone to your Windows 10 PC, Read and follow the steps.
Lets know some more changes and fixes coming with Build 18237
- Microsoft fixed an issue where Task Manager couldn’t be resized in the previous flight.
- We fixed and issue resulting in Settings crashing when navigating to Accounts > Sign-in in the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in reduced Action Center reliability in recent flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where if you opened one of the taskbar flyouts (like network or volume), and then quickly tried to open another, it wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue for people with multiple monitors where if the Open or Save Dialog was moved between monitors some elements might become unexpectedly tiny.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing recently when setting focus to the in-app search box.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in certain games, like League of Legends, not launching/connecting properly in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where clicking on web links in PWAs such as Twitter didn’t open the browser.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain PWAs not rendering correctly after the app had been suspended then resumed.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where pasting multi-line text into certain websites using Microsoft Edge might add unexpected empty lines between each line.
Some more improvements coming with Skip Ahead Build 18237
- We fixed a crash in recent flights when using the pen to ink in Microsoft Edge’s web notes.
- We fixed a high hitting Task Manager crash in recent flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing for Insiders with multiple monitors when changing various options under Display Settings in the last few flights.
- We fixed a crash when clicking the Verify link on the Accounts Settings page in recent flights.
- We’ve added a new group policy for preventing the use of security questions for local accounts. This can be found under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Credential User Interface.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the contents of the Apps & Features page wouldn’t load until the apps list was ready, resulting in the page appearing blank for a time.
- We fixed an issue where the list on Settings of built-in phrases for the Pinyin IME was blank.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator where activating Microsoft Edge history items would not work in Scan mode.
- Microsoft made some improvements in Narrator Selection when moving forward in Microsoft Edge. Please try this out and use the Feedback hub app to let us know any issues you encounter.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would incorrectly report some standard combo boxes as “editable combo box” instead of “combo box”.
Below are the known issues, Read carefully before installing.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- You may notice the background of notifications and the Action Center lose color and become transparent (with an acrylic effect). We’re aware that for notifications this can make them difficult to read and appreciate your patience as we work on a fix.
More For Windows Insiders Program –
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Officially coming as next feature Update for Public
- Fast Ring Build 17751 Released now, As Microsoft nears Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17704 (RS5) Brings New Edge Beta Experience
- Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 ISO Released, Download Now
- Windows Insider Preview Build 17733 released for fast ring Windows Insiders
Source – Windows Blog