Smartphones from Lenovo, Moto G5 & Moto G5 Plus are getting updated to next version of Android. Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus Android Oreo Update are rolling out now.
Both of these smartphones are getting Android 8.1 Oreo update. The users in India will get the update first, followed by users in Brazil and Mexico.
For other regions there are no timeline available, they will get also get the update in near future.
Hello everyone, I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting Oreo for your Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5.
I’m happy to say that we’ve started rolling out the Oreo update in phases for the Moto G5 Plus in India and Brazil and the Moto G5 in Mexico. Please be patient as not all devices in India, Brazil, and Mexico will get the update immediately.
Other regions are still pending and will get the update in the future.Senior MotoAgent - Tom
There are two ways of getting to Android Oreo 8.1 Update on your Moto Smartphones, but lets discuss the changes coming with this update.
- Android 8.1 Oreo: many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver. It also comes with battery features, new power menu UI as well as Bluetooth improvements.
- Android security: also includes the updates of Android security patches through June 1st 2018.
- Stability improvements: also includes changes that fix bugs as well as improve the stability of your phone.
If you have got the update notification message follow the below process.
- Select “Download”.
- After the software is downloaded, select “Install”.
- After the software is ready to install, your phone will re-start automatically.
If you are not among the users who have not received a notification message for update, follow below steps to manually check of update –
- Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
- Go To “About phone”.
- Then “System updates”.
- Click “Download”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install”.
- Once the software is installed, your phone will also re-start automatically.
Now after completing this your phone will also update to latest version of Android available for your smartphone. If you are also having any problem you can share that in comments section, we will also try to help you out.
You can also head over to Motorola Support by clicking here.
UPDATED : 21st, Sep – Users reporting no update available for them, we have written to Motorola India. Will update the article with further details soon.
If oreo release than where is oreo…. No one is get this oreo… Or it is send to Mars…
— Rajeev Srivastava (@RajeevS_96) September 21, 2018
UPDATED : 21st, Sep – Now finally after weeks of official announcement Oreo Update if Rolling out to Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5 Users in India.
The update is not available for all but some users are reporting to have the update on their smartphones.
Source – Motorola Support