Microsoft Teams Freemium Version is being made available and it also comes with New Al-Powered Features. Microsoft Teams is a powerful hub for teamwork that brings together chat, meetings, calling, files, and apps into a shared workspace in Microsoft 365.
With this update Microsoft also brings four new ways Microsoft 365 connects people across their organization. It also improves collaboration habits, including extending the power of Microsoft Teams as well as new AI-infused capabilities in Microsoft 365.
Microsoft Teams Freemium Version includes the following for up to 300 people:
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus additional 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated, real-time content creation with Office Online apps, including built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 140+ business apps to choose from—including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
Microsoft Teams is helping more than 200,000 businesses across 181 markets.
New capabilities that allow anyone in your organization to create live and on-demand events in Microsoft 365. Events can be viewed in real-time or on-demand, with high-definition video and interactive discussion.
AI-powered services enhance the on-demand experience with:
- A speaker timeline, which uses facial detection to identify who is talking, so you can easily jump to a particular speaker in the event.
- Speech-to-text transcription, timecoding, and transcript search, so you can quickly find moments that matter in a recording.
- Closed captions to make the event more accessible to all.
Microsoft Brings a preview of a new Workplace Analytics solution, which uses collaboration insights from the Microsoft Graph.
It can help teams run efficient meetings, create time for focused work, and respect work/life boundaries.
Organizations can also use aggregate data in Workplace Analytics to identify opportunities for improving collaboration, then share insights and suggest habits to specific teams using MyAnalytics.
Microsoft Whiteboard is now generally available for Windows 10 and will soon be available to iOS, and preview on the web. Whether meeting in person or virtually, people need the ability to collaborate in real-time.
The new Whiteboard application enables people to ideate, iterate, and work together both in person and remotely, across multiple devices.